I made shrimp dim sum with natural pretty colors. It’s a transparent flower shape, so it’s really pretty. Isn’t it too difficult to make dim sum at home? can think. It’s similar to dumplings, so make it. The shape and taste are so good that you can make it as an event for your family. I think it would be very good as a guest invitation dish.
[For 9 Dim Sum]
✤ Wheat Starch Version (original recommended)
120g Wheat starch
1 Pinch of salt
120ml Boiling red cabbage water
8g (1Tbsp) Cooking oil
✤ Potato Starch Version (If there is no wheat starch)
110g Potato starch
1 Pinch of salt
60~70ml Boiling red cabbage water
14g (1.5Tbsp) Cooking oil
✤ Red Cabbage Water
100g Red cabbage (2 outer leaves)
8g (1Tbsp) Lemon juice (vinegar is possible, but be careful if you are sensitive to the taste of vinegar in the dough)
✤ Filling Ingredients
225g, 15 Prawns 225g (must be drained)
2 pinches of salt
1 pinch of pepper
2g (1tsp) Lemon juice
8g (1Tbsp) Mirin
1g(0.5tsp) Fish sauce
16g (2Tbsp) Cooking oil
20g (2Tbsp) Chopped carrots (choice)
✤ Dipping sauce
8g (1Tbsp) Soy sauce
8g (1Tbsp) Vinegar
8g (1Tbsp) Water
5g (0.5Tbsp) Chili oil (adjust the spiciness to your liking)
Hot pepper (optional)
– Wheat starch can be easily purchased on the Internet.
– Be sure to put the dough in boiling water.
– The wheat starch version is soft when warm and chewy when cooled. (Recommended)
– The potato starch version is chewy when warm, and a bit hard when cooled.
– It can be made with 100% wheat flour, but it is not transparent. (The amount of water is also different)
– It is better not to add spices such as green onions and garlic so that you can feel the fragrance of the shrimp.
– I added carrots because they are aesthetically pleasing rather than tasty. (Optional)
– In case of mass production, steam and keep frozen, and warm up in a microwave oven when eating.
– It is better to steam with a cotton cloth on top. Otherwise, the bottom will be damp and will tear quickly.
– Do not throw away the boiled cabbage, add salt, sesame seeds, and sesame oil and eat it as a salad.
1. 225g, 15 Prawns, because the top of the prawns has a good chewing texture. Cut the top two pieces and use them as is, chop the rest finely. Put all the prawns cut differently into a bowl, 2 pinches of salt, 1g (0.5tsp) Fish sauce, 8g (1Tbsp) Mirin, 2g (1tsp) Lemon juice, 16g (2Tbsp) Cooking oil, 20g (2Tbsp) Chopped carrots (choice), 1 pinch of pepper powder.
2. Stir in one direction using chopsticks, stir in one direction to prevent water from escaping. stir until it becomes sticky and you’re done. Chill in the refrigerator while preparing the other ingredients.
3. 100g Red cabbage (2 outer leaves) Red cabbage, then shredded, 300ml Water, add the chopped red cabbage. Boil it, when the water turns dark purple, turn off the heat. Take out all the red cabbage. It’s such a deep purple. 8g (1Tbsp) Lemon juice (vinegar can be substituted), add lemon juice and stir to change color. It became a deep pink color.
4. 120g Wheat starch, 1 Pinch of salt. Mix well. If the cabbage water has cooled, boil it again, 120ml Hot red cabbage broth. Add boiling water and mix quickly. If you do it with warm water, the dough will not be cooked, if the dough is not cooked, it is difficult to make a flower shape. When the dough has come together properly.
5. 8g (1Tbsp) Cooking oil, add cooking oil and mix quickly. Knead quickly by hand. The dough is still hot, so wear gloves and knead it.. Knead the dough for at least 2 minutes until smooth. Put the dough in a plastic bag and let it mature for about 10 minutes. Take out the prawns and keep it ready.
6. 10 minutes later, after stretching the dough. Cut into 9 pieces (27g each). Put it in a bag so it doesn’t dry out. Take out one and make it, first, make the dough round, then. Place the dough between the parchment paper, press with a kneading knife or flat knife. Turn right, turn left again. Dough can be easily stretched. If you make it with a heavy Chinese knife, it will stretch more easily. The kneading knife is light and does not stretch further, so I will stretch it further with a roller.
7. The diameter was 12cm wide. After scooping an appropriate amount of prawn, put it on top. Fold it into 5 corners to make a star shape. Now, make petals by pushing with your fingers. When the petals are finished, attach them to the other side. Automatically, the shoulders get into the rhythm together. If the flower is complete. Pretend to be flower stamens, put chopped carrots on top. After preparing boiling water, arrange dim sum evenly. Close the lid and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat.
8. In the meantime, I’ll make the sauce for dipping. 8g (1Tbsp) Soy sauce, 8g (1Tbsp) Vinegar, 8g (1Tbsp) Water, 4g (0.5tsp) Chili oil, Hot pepper (optional). Adjust the spiciness to your liking. In the meantime, the dim sum is cooked. The transparent flower is complete.