I made a vanilla cake with a really soft and moist plate! It’s full of vanilla and is delicious even if you just eat the sheet, so I think this will be my favorite recipe. Butter cream is applied thinly in the middle, so it feels soft and smooth without being greasy. I think you can omit the icing on top. Because it is butter cream, it will harden well in the refrigerator, when cut it is easy to cut and shape. It’s a basic cake, but I really like it because the combination of plate and cream is so good.
5 egg yolks
60 g vegetable oil
4g vanilla beans
110g soft flour
5 egg whites
100 g sugar
120g unsalted butter
80g powdered sugar
65g fresh cream
3g vanilla powder
1. Beat egg yolks, add sugar (20g) and honey, mix well, then add milk, cooking oil, vanilla and mix well.
2. Sift the flour and mix well, add 3 parts sugar (100g) to the egg whites to make meringue.
3. Add 1/3 of the meringue to the yolk mixture and mix well, then add the remaining 1/2 of the meringue to the yolk mixture and mix well.
4. Pour all the yolk powder into the remaining meringue bowl and mix well.
5. Pour into baking tray, beat vigorously to remove air bubbles, place in oven at 160 degrees for about 25 minutes.
6. Take out the baked cake immediately, turn over, let cool, trim edges, cut into 3 pieces.
7. Using an electric mixer, melt the butter at room temperature, add the powdered sugar and whisk
8. Add fresh cream and vanilla bean at room temperature, whip
9. Put 2 pieces of cake next to each other, spread cream evenly and then put 1 cake covered with cream on top.
10. Put the remaining pieces of un-applied cream, cover with parchment paper and refrigerate for about 1 hour to harden.
11. Trim the outline and decorate with top cream.