I made an egg tart that had a crunchy texture and had a lively grain. I cut the cake lengthwise, pan-fried one side out and then baked, when baking, the shape of the cake is very interesting and the cake is very crispy, eating the cake alone is also delicious. I think it’s important to do it while the dough is cold enough to harden after buttering and folding so that the sheet texture has a nice shape. The filling is soft and light, so it goes well with the cake base. It looks good, so it feels delicious just by looking at it.
85g cold water
200g all-purpose flour
45 g unsalted butter
100g unsalted butter
6 egg yolks
6g vanilla beans
240g fresh cream
1. Mix egg yolks well, then add sugar and vanilla powder and mix well.
2. Put milk and fresh cream in a saucepan and heat until foamy at the edges.
3. Pour some into the egg yolk mixture and mix well, then add the rest and mix well.
4. Strain through a sieve, cover with cling film and place in the refrigerator.
5. Add sugar and salt to cold water, mix well.
6. Add cold unsalted butter to the dough and mix by hand crushing.
7. Add water, use your hands to create a block, use a rolling pin to flatten the dough.
8. Spread butter that has softened at room temperature on top, fold in 3 parts 2 times and then cover with cling film.
9. After leaving in the refrigerator for about an hour, repeat the process two more times.
10. After the final preparation, roll up, cover with cling film and place in the refrigerator for more than an hour to harden.
11. Cut the cake pan into thick strips and place in the baking tray.
12. Make a circle for the remaining cake plate and attach it to the inner bottom.
13. Pour 90% custard for filling and bake in 190 degree oven for 40-45 minutes.