I made a cute milky cream dorayaki filled with ice cream! The mixture of custard and whipped cream makes it softer and full of salty cream so it’s delicious. This is an ice cream with more custards than fresh ice cream, so it has a chewy feel and is easy to shape. Ice cream needs to be whipped harder than expected to keep its shape. I made it more interesting by shaping it with food wrap and making it look like Doraemon’s dorayaki. You can make it with different fillings like red bean paste or chocolate ice cream.
2 egg yolks
3g vanilla powder
200g warm milk
4g vanilla extract
180g soft flour
5g baking powder
2g baking salt
100g fresh cream
1. Put the sugar in the egg yolk and mix well, then add the cornstarch and vanilla and mix well, add a little warm milk and mix well.
2. Add the rest of the milk, mix well, cook over low heat, cook until thickened, transfer to another bowl, cover, let cool at room temperature and then refrigerate.
3. Add sugar to eggs, mix well, add honey and vanilla extract, mix well, sift flour, baking powder and baking soda and mix well.
4. Add milk, mix well, cover and refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
5. Put the frying pan coated with cooking oil on low heat, pour in the flour and cook until there are air bubbles, then turn over to cook the dough a little more and then take it out and let it cool.
6. Lightly filter the custard cream through a sieve, add the sugar to the chilled fresh cream, beat until peaks are formed, then add the custard cream and mix well.
7. Put 1 sheet of cooled cake on top of plastic wrap, spread cream on top, cover with another layer of cake, cover with cling film to fix, place in the freezer for about 30 minutes to harden.