Taiwanese Castella Cake Recipe
Egg whites 220g
Egg yolk 98g
Salad oil 70g
Low Gluten Flour 80g
Vanilla extract a little
1. Separate egg yolks and whites, weigh as much as needed
2. Sift low-gluten flour into a large bowl
3. Heat the salad oil to about 60 degrees Celsius and then remove from the stove, when the oil temperature drops from the highest to about 75 degrees Celsius, add all the salad oil to low-gluten flour and stir quickly.
4. Add milk and stir well
5. Add egg yolk, mix well
6. Add salt and vanilla extract, stir well
7. Turn on the mixer on medium speed, when the egg whites are frothy, add the sugar three times, beat the egg whites on medium speed the whole process until wet foam (curved hook) soft), finally beat with a spatula. slowest speed to adjust the bubble for about 1 minute.
8. Add one-third of the meringue to the egg yolk mixture and mix well with a manual whisk
9. Add one-third of the meringue to the egg yolk mixture and mix well with a manual whisk
10. Finally, pour all the egg yolks into the meringue mixture, mix well with a manual whisk, and then use a spatula to mix well.
11. Pour the cake batter into the cake mold from a height of about 15~20cm.
12. Shake the mold for a smooth surface, then knock the mold down on the shaking table to release large air bubbles
13. Place in preheated oven: 130°C for 50 minutes → 110°C for 40 minutes → 130°C for 10 minutes → insert cloth in door for 10 minutes
14. Take out the cake, gently shake it on the table to reduce the hot air, take the cake out of the mold, put it on a rack to cool, take out the baking paper/towel to absorb the oil, let it cool slightly, then cut into pieces and enjoy!