4 cloves of garlic
3 tablespoons olive oil
2-3 sprigs of fresh thyme
Fresh herbs to serve
1. Preheat oven to 200c/390f. Wash and test the potatoes.
2. Cut the potatoes into thin slices, leaving 1/4 inch at the bottom. You can use chopsticks or a wooden spoon to avoid cutting the potatoes completely.
3. Place potatoes on a baking tray lined with foil.
4. Make butter: melt butter with olive oil, garlic cloves and thyme in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook until butter is melted and garlic is soft. About 3-4 minutes.
5. Spread half of the butter mixture over the potatoes. Sprinkle potatoes with salt and pepper.
6. Bake the potatoes for 30 minutes, remove the mold from the oven. sprinkle with thyme or other herbs. Brush with remaining butter. Bake for another 30 minutes or until potatoes are crisp on the edges.
7. Sprinkle with herbs and serve.