For the cake
310g all-purpose flour
16g Cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
200g Vegetable Oil
1 teaspoon White Vinegar
1-2 tablespoons Red Food Color
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
300ml Ice cream
450g Cream cheese
190g Powdered Sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
2. Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt into a large bowl. Stir and set aside.
3. In a separate large bowl, beat butter and sugar until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, beating until combined after each addition. Add oil, vinegar, vanilla extract, buttermilk and beat until combined. Gradually add dry ingredients and mix after each addition until well combined. Add food coloring and mix well.
4. Pour the dough into two 8-inch (20cm) round baking pans buttered and sprinkled with flour. Or you can use one pan and bake twice. Alternatively, you can use a spring-loaded pan lined with parchment.
5. Bake 35-40 minutes, until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Cool cake in pan on wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan, then let cool completely.
7. Make the frosting: in a large bowl, beat cream cheese with powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Beat until smooth and creamy. In a separate bowl with heavy cream to hard peaks. Then pour in the cream cheese mixture.
8. Cut the top of the cake. Cut 8-12 heart shapes from the top layer of the cake. Make crumbs from leftovers. Set aside.
9. Place a layer of cake with the flat side facing down. Spread one layer of frosting, place the second cake layer on top of the frosting, flat side down. Spread the topping evenly over the top and sides of the cake.
10. Decoration: Decorate the cake with nuggets and hearts.
11. Refrigerate at least 2-3 hours before using.