900g Cream cheese
60ml Thick cream
1-2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 eggs, large
225g Sour Cream
1 1/2 tablespoons Cornstarch
pinch of salt
For the top
1. Make the crust: Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
2. In a food processor or Ziploc bag, grind the biscuits into small crumbs. Add melted butter and pulse until combined. Press into the bottom of the 9-inch (23cm) spring-loaded pan. Bake for 7-8 minutes. Set aside while filling.
3. Reduce oven heat to 300°F (150°C).
4. Topping: Beat cream cheese and sugar in a large bowl until smooth. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Don’t hit too much. Add vanilla extract, sour cream, heavy cream, salt and beat until smooth. Add cornstarch and lemon zest, beat until combined. Don’t hit too much.
5. Bake the cheesecake: Place the pan on a large piece of foil and fold the foil over the sides of the pan. Pour the filling over the crust, place the pan in the roasting pan. Fill the roasting pan with hot water to half the side of the spring-loaded pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until edges have softened but center is slightly wobbly. Turn off the heat and leave it in the oven for another hour. Let cool to room temperature for an hour, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
6. Decorate the cake with fresh fruit.