For the sponge cake
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon Baking powder
100g butter, melted
45g Melted Butter
140ml Milk, warm
40g Cocoa powder
310g powdered sugar
145g Desiccated coconut rice
1. Make the sponge cake: Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Grease a 9 inch (23 cm) square pan. Line with baking paper. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, add eggs, sugar and vanilla. Beat until light and smooth.
3. Sift in flour and baking powder. Mix only until combined. Add melted butter and mix until combined.
4. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes or until center skewer comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and let cool completely.
5. Make ice cream: mix melted butter and milk in a large bowl. Sift in cocoa powder and powdered sugar, mixing until combined and smooth.
6. Assembling: when the cake has cooled, cut the edges, cut square pieces. Prepare a bowl with desiccated coconut.
7. Using a fork, dip a square sponge into the turning chocolate glaze. Drain the water and place in a bowl with grated coconut. Coat the square with coconut and transfer to a wire rack.
8. Refrigerate lamington until solid (about 15 minutes). Serve.