I made a perfect ice cream with vanilla ice cream. White sticky rice cake has white vanilla cream filling, so it feels clean and cool. I made my own vanilla ice cream, but you can make it simply by adding commercially available ice cream. I think it’s a bit easier to shape and the taste will be much better if you make it with a sponge cake instead of just ice cream. For the foam board, I used about 2 18 cm sheets with a thickness of 1 cm. It is still delicious even if you freeze it and eat it hard, when it melts slightly, the rice cake becomes soft and has a good texture.
2 egg yolks
100 g condensed milk
150g hot milk
10g vanilla powder
250g fresh cream
200g dry glutinous rice flour
250g hot water
1. Add sugar to egg yolks, mix well, add cornstarch and mix well, then add condensed milk and vanilla and mix well.
2. Pour in hot milk, mix well, put in a small saucepan over low heat until it thickens slightly.
3. Transfer to another bowl and let cool in the refrigerator.
4. Whip the whipped cream to about 70% and strain the cooled portion (3) through a sieve and mix well.
5. Put in a box and freeze in the freezer for more than 6 hours.
6. Add sugar and salt to glutinous rice flour, mix well, add hot water, mix well, cover and microwave for 2 minutes.
7. Mix well, cover with cling film, turn for 2 minutes, beat for about 5 minutes for the dough to stick.
8. Sprinkle with starch, cover with flour, cool to lukewarm, cut into suitable sizes and spread.
9. Put the dough into the silicone mold, use a hemispherical measuring spoon to scoop out the vanilla ice cream, place the 4cm cake cut in it, and then press it firmly with the dough.
10. Freeze hard in freezer.