I made a fresh and cute lemon cake from pictures. I made the lemon curd with lots of lemon, but I added cornstarch to make it thicker since I’m going to put it in the cake. When making passion fruit, I have to cook longer than I thought so that the fishy smell of the egg doesn’t come out. The fresh cream for the inside should be beaten vigorously to have a stable shape, the cream decoration on the top should be beaten about 50% thin for the cream to flow. I think it’s delicious because the yellow whipped cream is mixed with the lemon curd, so it has a more refreshing taste.
4 chicken eggs
3g vanilla extract
30g unsalted butter
110g soft flour
Corn Starch 16g
120g lemon juice
6 g lemon zest
40 g unsalted butter
200g fresh cream
100g fresh cream
85g passion fruit
80g fresh cream
1. Put an egg in a pot of hot water, add sugar and vanilla extract, mix well and increase the temperature to about 40 degrees.
2. Remove the bowl from the pot, place the bowl containing the butter and unsalted milk, add the lemon zest.
3. Beat the egg mixture to a smooth and thick foam, sift in the flour and mix well, then add some cake flour to the melted unsalted butter mixture and mix well.
4. Put the mixture into the dough, mix well, pour the dough into an 18cm mold, bake in the preheated oven at 170 degrees C for 37 minutes, cool, cut the top and bottom, cut into 3 pieces.
5. Add sugar and salt to egg yolks, mix well, add cornstarch and mix well, then add lemon juice, lemon zest and milk and mix well.
6. Stir over low heat and bring to a boil until thickened, then add unsalted butter, mix well, place on a sieve and cover with cling film to cool.
7. Gently beat the cooled lemon curd with a hand mixer and place in a piping bag.
8. Place a sheet of paper on a cutting board, drizzle with sugar syrup, squeeze fresh cream and put curd in the middle and place another sheet of paper.
9. Stack up, spread fresh cream all over the face, beat the cream until smooth and then put in the freezer.
10. Add sugar to whipping cream (100g), when frothy, add passion fruit and yellow food coloring, mix well and spread on the cake.
11. Add sugar to whipping cream (80g) and beat until smooth, put on top of cake to decorate, then decorate with sliced lemon.