I make pan-fried fresh cheese with cheddar cheese sauce. I’ve spread the cheese sauce, layered it, cut it into squares, and baked, but the cheddar cheese layer looks delicious. At first, I tried adding sliced cheddar cheese and baking it, but the cheese melted and ran down when baking. So I boiled the cheddar with milk to make the sauce, and it seemed to bake well without running down. If you make a cheddar cheese sauce that is too cold, it will be difficult to apply, so it is better to use it when it is warm. I think it’s also good because it’s small and cute, so I just play it with my hands, but it’s not as salty as I thought.
140g warm milk
4g dry yeast
310g tapioca flour
10g milk powder
40 g unsalted butter
6 slices of cheddar cheese
1. Add dry yeast to warm milk and mix well.
2. Put the mixture of flour, milk powder, salt, sugar, eggs, milk in the mixer and knead for about 10 minutes.
3. Roll into a circle, place in a bowl, cover with cling film and ferment for about 1 hour until doubled in size.
4. Put the milk and cornstarch in the pot, mix well, add honey, mix well, add sliced cheddar cheese, stir over low heat, bring to a boil until thickened, at room temperature.
5. Take the air out of the dough, press it wide, spread the cheese over it, fold it in 3 layers, press lightly to shape and then cut into squares.
6. Place the mold on a baking tray, cover with cling film, incubate for about 40 minutes, spread with milk and bake in a preheated oven at 175 degrees for about 13 minutes.