I made a chewy jelly with fresh pomegranate! Pomegranate has a lot of water, so it is fragrant and beautiful in color. It is not a jelly with a soft texture but a jelly with a very chewy feel so the texture is good and the tangy feeling is very enjoyable. I wanted to make it two-tone, so I hardened the transparent layer together, but I added a little more because I thought the color would be cloudy if I added too much lime juice. It’s pretty even when you put sugar in, but I think it’s easy to keep because it’s separate from each other even if you ignore it. It tasted a lot of fruit, so it was actually better than I thought.
100g pomegranate juice
60g starch syrup
10g lemon juice
30g starch syrup
1. Put pomegranate in a blender and blend through a sieve.
2. Put gelatin in cold water to soften.
3. Put pomegranate juice, sugar and starch syrup in a pot to boil until it is a bit thick, then remove it, squeeze the soaked gelatin and mix well until the gelatin dissolves completely.
4. Apply a little oil to the mold, wipe it clean with a towel, rinse the mold, pour the jelly mixture through a sieve, pour it into the mold, put it in the refrigerator for about 1 hour to harden.
5. Put water, lemon juice, sugar and starch syrup in a pot and boil until it becomes a little thick, then turn off the heat, squeeze the soaked gelatin to expand and mix well until the gelatin dissolves.
6. Pour the frozen pomegranate jelly through a sieve and let the pomegranate jelly harden in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
7. Remove the jelly from the mold, cut it into small pieces and cover with sugar.