I made the cream toast in a pan with moist custard cream. The dough is moist, so after baking, it is still soft and delicious because it is kneaded with milk. When grilling, you should keep the fire very low so that the meat is cooked from the inside out and will be more moist. I made it a little bigger by dividing it into 6 pieces, but I think it would be nicer if I split it into 10 pieces. If you want to add enough custard cream, you can make it by multiplying the recipe by 1.5 times. The part I made only had ice cream in the middle, so it was a bit lacking. I think it’s convenient because it cooks in about 10 minutes without the need for an oven.
2 egg yolks
200g hot milk
2g vanilla extract
280g tapioca flour
5g dry yeast
30g unsalted butter
1. Add sugar to egg yolks and mix well, then add cornstarch and mix well.
2. Pour in hot milk, mix well, add vanilla extract, mix well, cook over low heat, bring to a boil until thickened, cool.
3. Put the flour in the kneading machine, make 3 grooves, add sugar, salt and dry yeast into each slot, add the flour to mix first and then mix well.
4. Add eggs and milk and knead for about 10 minutes, add unsalted soft butter and knead for another 10 minutes, put in a bowl, cover with cling film and incubate for about 1 hour until doubled in size.
5. Divide the dough, roll into balls, cover with cling film and let the dough rest for 15 minutes at room temperature.
6. Spread the dough out, put the custard on top, fold it in half, shape, cover and incubate for about 40 minutes.
7. Put the pan over low heat, coat with cooking oil, put in the bread, cover and cook for about 5 to 6 minutes.
8. Turn over, cover and cook for about 5 to 6 minutes more.