I made creme brulee pancakes with custard cream spread over the sponge cakes and scorched toppings. Ice cream is made by mixing custard and whipped cream covered on the outside, sprinkled with sugar and caramelized with a torch to finish. The look is delicious, and the taste and flavor is even better. Personally, it’s my favorite ice cream, and it goes well with pancakes, and I love that I can eat pancakes in a more moist way. I make pancakes by adding the remaining egg whites when making custard to increase the amount of meringue, so they will be spongier than regular pancakes. It’s like a middle ground between a regular pancake and a soufflé pancake. The amount of cream is large, so it will be more delicious when you eat pancakes in the middle.
1 egg yolk
100g hot milk
Vanilla bean powder or vanilla extract 3g
2 egg yolks
3g vanilla extract
20g melted unsalted butter
100g soft flour
4g baking powder
3 egg whites
120g milk cream
100g 50% fresh cream
1. Add sugar to egg yolks, mix well, add cornstarch, mix well, then add hot milk and mix well.
2. Add vanilla bean paste, mix well and cook over low heat until thickened while stirring.
3. Put in another bowl, cover, let cool at room temperature and then put in the fridge.
4. Add vanilla extract to egg yolks and mix well, then add melted butter and unsalted milk and mix well.
5. Sift flour and baking powder, mix well.
6. Beat egg whites with sugar to form soft sponge cake, divide into egg yolk powder and mix well.
7. Put the dough in a piping bag, reduce heat to low, coat the pan with butter, squeeze the dough and cook for about 5 minutes.
8. When there is a lot of foam, turn over and cook for another 3 minutes and then put in a griddle to cool.
9. Strain about 50% of the custard into the whipped cream and whip it to form ice cream.
10. Place the cake on a plate, spread cream on top, sprinkle sugar on top and melt using a torch.