I made a fragrant and moist cherry pie with cherry powder~ I think it goes well with the cherry because it’s baked in a small donut mold and it’s so cute and pretty. I bake with cherry flesh so it’s not too puffy, 90% pan-fried is fine. When pouring the white glaze flows in a very beautiful shape, so it looks simple and beautiful. If you put a cherry in the middle, it will become a very beautiful spot and color. It’s not a dry sponge cake texture, but it’s light and moist, so I think I can eat it deliciously without getting sick of it.
90g unsalted butter
2 egg yolks
2g vanilla extract
90g soft flour
5g baking powder
2 egg whites
25g cherry jam
50g powdered sugar
1. Soften unsalted butter, add sugar, mix well, then add egg yolk and vanilla extract and mix well.
2. Sift flour and baking powder and mix well.
3. Beat the egg whites and when large air bubbles form, divide the sugar into two parts and whisk to form a soft horned meringue.
4. Divide the meringue into the dough 2 or 3 times, mix well, add the cherry jam, mix well and put the dough in a piping bag.
5. Butter and sprinkle with flour on the mold.
6. Remove the seeds from the cherries, cut into small pieces, pat dry with a kitchen towel and cover with some flour.
7. Press the dough into the mold, put the chopped marbles in, and squeeze the dough with your hands.
8. Bake for 20 to 23 minutes in a preheated oven at 180 degrees and let cool.
9. Add milk to powdered sugar, mix well to form a glaze, sprinkle on cooled sponge cake to decorate.