I made a chocolate cake filled with fresh strawberries. The combination of ganache and strawberry melts soft in your mouth so delicious and beautifully colored. I baked the tart a bit larger than the hard ganache and put it in the tart to make a difference, but it looks neat. I coldly hardened the remaining ganache on top of the cake and molded it with my tip, and finished it off by drawing a line on the top. I think it’s a chocolate tart with raw strawberries in it, so it feels less sweet than a chocolate-only tart.
All-purpose flour 135g
20g almond powder
10g cocoa powder
90 g cold unsalted butter
40g cold water
Dark Coverture Chocolate 300g
200g hot fresh cream
50 g unsalted butter
1. Mix all-purpose flour, almond flour, cocoa powder and salt, add chilled unsalted butter, use a scraper to cut the butter, mix well, add cold water, beat into a ball.
2. Cover with plastic wrap, place in the fridge for about 1 hour, spread out, shape on a 17cm tart pan, poke a hole in the bottom with a fork.
3. Place parchment paper on top, place ice cubes on top and bake in oven at 180 degrees (preheat 20 minutes at 190 degrees) for 15 minutes.
4. Pour the whipped hot cream over the couverture dark chocolate and melt, then add the unsalted butter and mix until melted.
5. Pour a little ganache into a 15cm mousse mold covered with plastic wrap, put the whole strawberry on top, pour the ganache on top, cover the strawberries, press flat and refrigerate for about 3 hours. Chill the remaining ganache in the refrigerator.
6. Spread melted chocolate on top of cooled tarts and top with hard ganache.
7. Squeeze the cooled hard ganache around the edge, use a shaping tip to decorate.