I made a cherry blossom chiffon cake with delicate cherry blossoms. When I add cherry blossom syrup to the cake, the cake has a subtle cherry blossom scent, and the top is cherry blossom so I think it’s a really good spring cake. I put a strawberry in the middle for extra freshness and taste. When baking chiffon cakes, I add a little red yeast rice flour to create color without adding color, but if you want a little darker, you can double. The cake is very soft and spongy so when eating it feels very lovely
Mold size: 15cm x 7.5cm
3 egg yolks
2g vanilla extract
1/8ts red yeast rice flour
25 g vegetable oil
Cherry syrup 15g
75g soft flour
2g baking powder
1g baking salt
Meringue 3 egg whites + 40g sugar
Fresh cream 250g fresh cream + 25g sugar + a little red food
1. Combine egg yolks, sugar, vanilla extract and red yeast rice flour. Add vegetable oil, salt and cherry blossom syrup to the milk bowl and mix well.
2. Put the milk mixture into the egg yolk mixture and mix well, then sift the flour, baking powder, and baking soda into the mix.
3. Divide the meringue into 3 times and mix well.
4. Pour water into the chiffon mold, pour in the flour, skim off the air bubbles, put in the preheated oven at 170 degrees Celsius for 25 minutes, turn the mold over to cool completely.
5. Remove the cake from the mold, cut the top, divide into 2 parts.
6. Spread whipped cream on top of cake, put strawberries on top, then spread cream on top.
7. Place another cake on top, spread cream on top and sides, patterning on the sides.
8. Flatten the top, squeeze the cream and place the cherry blossoms on top.