I made a chocolate flower cake covered with pink buttercream flowers. The method is very simple and fun because you just need to mold it with different shapes of pods without freezing. I put some white buttercream in a piping bag and used it to make 3 pink tints. You are free to choose the color you want and it will look nice and pretty. I used a floral mousse mold to cut the paper, but I think it will look good no matter what shape you make, such as a heart or a circle frame. The roses on the top are made before the cake is finished and put in the freezer before being placed on top. I think it’s a cake suitable for Children’s Day, Parents’ Day, and Teachers’ Day. Because it is a buttercream cake, if you keep it in the fridge, the ice cream will be hard and cold, so it will be more delicious.
155 g eggs
Turmeric Starch 11g
3g vanilla extract
94g soft flour
11g cocoa powder
28 g melted unsalted butter
200g unsalted butter
265g powdered sugar
25g fresh cream
7g vanilla extract
Red food coloring
1. Put an egg ball, sugar and starch syrup in a pot of hot water, stir well, increase the temperature to 40 degrees and remove from the pot.
Add vanilla extract and beat with a hand mixer until a thick ivory foam is formed.
2. Sift and mix the flour and cocoa powder, then add the flour little by little into the melted butter and 50-60 degrees of milk and mix well.
3. Add the mixed dough to the main dough, mix well, pour into a 15 cm baking pan, remove air bubbles and bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees for about 40 minutes. Let cool, trim off the top and cut into 4 pieces.
4. Lightly beat unsalted butter, add powdered sugar and beat.
5. Add fresh cream and vanilla extract and beat until soft, add red food coloring and whisk to prepare 3 pink tints in a piping bag.
6. Cut the sheet with a 12cm flower mousse, squeeze the cream by color onto the sheet and fold it several times.