I made lemon medovik, a sweet Russian honey cake with lemon curd. Lemon and honey are a good combination, so the taste is very delicious. Personally, I think the cake with lemon curd is better than the basic Medovic. Ice cream uses sour cream which is a characteristic of Medovic, and at the same time creates a refreshing feeling, so it goes well with the aromatic lemon flavor. This time I used a mousse mold to create the shape by putting the filling in the mold, but if you don’t have a mold you can make it like a regular cake icing. Baking each cake is a bit difficult, but it’s a cake you can be proud of after making it
130g unsalted butter
100 g sugar
3g vanilla extract
6g baking salt
All-purpose flour 550g
120g lemon juice
8 g lemon zest
50 g unsalted butter
340g sour cream
45g powdered sugar
170g fresh cream
1. Place a bowl over the pot of boiling water, add butter, sugar and honey and mix until butter is melted.
2. Add eggs and vanilla extract, mix well, add baking soda, mix well and remove from the pot.
3. For the lemon peel, take 1 lemon, sift the flour into it, and knead it with your hands into a loaf shape.
4. Take out the dough, put it on foil, roll it to 3mm thin and cut it into an 18cm mold.
5. Use a fork to make holes and bake in the oven at 180 degrees for about 5 minutes. Bake several times.
6. Cut the baked cake into a 15cm mold, collect the remaining pieces and grind them finely or grind with a blender.
7. Beat eggs, add sugar and salt, mix well, then add cornstarch and mix well.
8. Add lemon juice, lemon zest and milk, mix well and cook over low heat.
9. Cook just enough to avoid the fishy taste, it should be boiled for about 7-8 minutes and then removed.
10. Add the butter and mix well, filter it through a fine sieve, put it in a bowl, and keep it in the fridge.
11. Add sour cream, powdered sugar and honey and mix well.
12. Whip about 70-80% fresh cream and mix well.
13. Place the cake sheet in the mold, squeeze the cream and stack on top of each other, leaving some cream.
14. Squeeze lemon juice over the cake once every 3 sheets.
15. Cover with cling film and refrigerate overnight.
16. Apply the remaining cream on the outside and add the finely ground cake sheet powder.
17. Squeeze cream and top with lemon.