The dough recipe used here is typical American baking powder, hard and lumpy. The filling has a very American flavor with the main ingredients being pumpkin and different spices. The taste is completely different from the tarts and pies commonly eaten in Korea.
If you’re curious, try making one.
Cotton cake dough
150g All-purpose flour All-purpose flour
100g Cake dough
165g unsalted butter
2g Salt Salt
65g Cold water
1. Place the cubed butter on top of the soft and plain flour, then shred the butter with a grater.
2. When the butter becomes small enough to the size of a red bean, add cold water and pre-mixed salt and mix.
3. When the white powder is almost invisible and starts to clump like crumbs, press from top to bottom to form a lump. If you do some overlap like halving and pressing, you can create a cake-like texture where the layers are broken.
4. After shaping into a round and flat shape, cover with cling film and refrigerate. Because Part Breeze dough shrinks a lot, you’ll need to let it rest in the fridge enough so it shrinks less after baking.
5. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough into a wide circle with a thickness of 3mm.
6. Put the dough into the cake mold. Cut an inch off the edge and pinch it with your hand to shape.
7. Put in the freezer until the dough hardens.
8. Fill the tart with ice cubes and bake at 180 degrees for 15 minutes, then remove the heavy ice and bake for another 15 minutes. Preheat the oven sufficiently. My oven is on hot, so if you’re using a regular home oven, increase the baking temperature a bit.
425g Boiled and finely sifted Pumpkin
100g Eggs Eggs
34g Egg Yolk
85g brown sugar
150g Fat cream
150g full cream milk
3g Salt Salt
3g Cinnamon Ceylon Cinnamon
1g ground ginger
0.5g ground cloves
1. Beat eggs and yolks together.
2. Add milk, fresh cream, vanilla and mix well.
3. Add brown sugar, honey, salt and spices and mix well.
4. Add the remaining ingredients little by little to the pumpkin side and mix well.
5. Pour the filling on the pre-baked cake and bake at 160 degrees for about 1 hour. Storage: Best to eat within the day because the cake is very crispy. It can be stored tightly in the refrigerator for up to two days or frozen.