This baking dish is a country bread recipe. Tartine Bakery is a very popular bakery based in San Francisco. Since you came to Korea a few years ago, many people know you right? This recipe is a bread made with a very characteristic sourdough mix. It’s a basic recipe that you can consider basic sourdough in terms of production process and taste. If you succeeded in growing yeast last time, give this bread a try. When you open the lid of the pot, you will feel the joy of encountering delicious puff pastry.
160g fermented species
720g tapioca flour
80g whole wheat flour
1. Put the fermented rice into the fermented rice according to the ratio of yeast type 2: flour 1: water 1 and leave for 4 to 6 hours until doubled. At this point the flour is given by mixing half a half of flour and whole wheat flour, it’s okay to use other flours.
2. Pour 560g of warm water into a large mixing bowl, add the yeast and mix well. Add flour and mix until no coarse flour is visible. Cover with cling film and relax for 20-40 minutes.
3. Add salt and the remaining 40g of water and mix gently until the water is absorbed into the dough.
4. For the first fermentation, stretch and fold the dough once every 30 minutes.Depending on room temperature and fermenting species, it may take less time or a little longer. When the volume is increased by 2 to 30% and the dough is thin enough to reveal the skin color clearly, the first fermentation is complete.
5. Transfer dough to work surface. Lightly sprinkle the dough with flour and divide into 2 parts with a scraper. Knead the dough until it is tight and smooth. Cover the dough so it doesn’t dry out and let it rest for 2 to 30 minutes.
6. Take out the dough and knead.Put the dough into a bowl sprinkled with rice flour. You can bake the dough after a second fermentation at room temperature for 3 to 4 hours or after a second fermentation for about 12 hours in the refrigerator.
7. Make cuts on the surface of the dough. Place the bread in a preheated cast iron skillet in the oven at 230 degrees for 40 minutes and bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 230 degrees with the lid on and 20 to 25 minutes at 200 degrees with the lid open. If possible, bake after preheating to the highest temperature the oven can produce.
8. Preservation: Over time, the inside of the cake will spoil and the crust is soggy. It’s best to eat it within the day. Toast after defrosting for a crispy texture.