We are presenting delicious recipes that even beginners can easily make. This recipe is Almond Florentin. Florentin is one of the 2 best candies that I really like. The cake part is not sweet, not hard and crispy. Top florentin is really delicious with crunchy almonds and toffee. It’s cumbersome because you have to bake it twice, but the difficulty itself isn’t that hard. I added some whole wheat to the cookie dough for a more savory feel, but it tasted better.
Mold 16.5cm x 16.5cm
60 g butter
18g egg yolk
35g powdered sugar
80g soft flour
30g whole wheat flour
A little salt
1. Once the butter has softened slightly at room temperature, add the powdered sugar and salt and mix well.
2. Add the egg yolks at room temperature and mix until well combined.
3. Sift the soft flour and whole wheat flour and mix with a spatula to form a ball.
4. Wrap the food wrap and press it into a square with a thickness of 4mm. Thickness as you like, but reduce baking time if thin, increase if thick.
5. Place in freezer for about 20 minutes. If you have time, refrigerate for 2 hours or more.
6. Remove, flatten with mousse and bake in oven for 13 minutes. These cookies need to be baked twice for the bottom to burn well in a hot bottom oven. If the oven can adjust the upper and lower temperature differently, reduce the lower temperature for baking, and if it is difficult, put the 2 bottom plates on top of each other and hang the fan on the upper rack to prevent the lower heat from being too strong.
7. Once cooled, cut and spread Teflon sheet or parchment onto the mousse and place the baked cookies on top.
28g fresh cream
17g starch syrup
28 g butter
60g almond slices
A little salt
1. Put fresh cream, starch syrup, honey, sugar and butter in a saucepan while stirring.
2. After heating until the temperature reaches 115 degrees, turn off the heat and mix with sliced almonds.
3. Pour it over the biscuits and spread evenly with a spatula.
4. Bake in the heat above 170 degrees heat below 150 degrees for 20 minutes. These cookies need to be baked twice for the bottom to burn well in a hot bottom oven. If the oven can adjust the upper / lower temperature differently, reduce the lower temperature to bake, if it is difficult, put the 2 bottom plates on top of each other and hang the fan on the upper rack to prevent the lower heat from being too strong.
5. When it cools down to the point you can touch it with your hands, turn it over before it cools completely and cut it to your desired size. If completely cooled, you can reheat a little in the oven and then cut.
6. Storage: 4-5 days at room temperature, 1 month in the freezer.