I made a fun strawberry chocolate roll cake by layering the chocolate roll with strawberries. I think it’s easier to eat one piece at a time because the pieces are cut and stacked. When stacking cakes, use strawberries to keep the balance for the cake to be arranged stably.
Mold size: 38cm x 26cm
3g vanilla extract
30g unsalted butter
15g cocoa powder
50g soft flour
150g fresh cream
200g cream cheese
Strawberry jam 60g
Whipped cream: 50g fresh cream + 5g sugar
Chocolate coating: 20g fresh cream + 20g dark chocolate
1. Put the egg bowl in a pot of boiling water, add sugar, salt and vanilla extract and mix well.
2. Continue stirring, increase the temperature to about 40 degrees, then remove from the pot.
3. Put a bowl of milk and butter in the pot and add the cocoa powder.
4. Beat eggs until smooth foam state.
5. Sift in the flour and mix well, then mix in the milk, butter, and cocoa powder.
6. Take a little flour in a mixing bowl and then add to the main flour mix well.
7. Pour into a baking tray, flatten and bake in the oven at 170 degrees for about 25 minutes preheat to 190 degrees.
8. After baking, remove the cake from the oven and let it cool for about 15 minutes.
Cream Cheese Cream
9. Add sugar to whipped cream about 50%.
10. Add cold cream cheese and whip to make ice cream.
11. Thinly spread strawberry jam on top of cake and then spread cream cheese on top.
12. At first apply thick cream, roll up, put in the freezer for about 1 hour to harden.
13. Cut the rolls into 7 pieces.
14. Line the rolls with strawberries.
15. Garnish with strawberries, whipped cream and chocolate ganache.