Introducing an easy microwave and toaster ice cream recipe that doesn’t require an oven. It is very easy to make using a frozen cake sheet, so give it a try. The cake is not frozen, so unlike at the store, the choux cake is not frozen and you can enjoy the fluffy, crispy texture.
6 pieces when using a 5cm mold
1 frozen cake mold 11cm x 18cm
Unsalted butter 10g
1 tablespoon water
Need 2 eggs
Used 1,500ml carton
200ml fresh cream
2 egg yolks
The right amount of vanilla essence
1. First, make the ice cream. Place the whole egg and egg yolk in a mixing bowl
2. Add sugar to 3 parts and mix each time.
3. Mix well until milky white.
4. Add vanilla essence and mix well.
5. Put the whipped cream in another bowl and let it cool for 8 minutes with ice. For genuine ice cream, the higher the milk fat content, the thicker and smoother the cream will be.
6. Add heavy cream to the beaten egg and mix well.
7. Place in a container and chill in the freezer for 1 hour.
8. Remove the ice cream that has been chilled in the freezer and mix gently. If you take it out every hour and stir, the texture will be better, but you can do without stirring.
9. Chill in freezer overnight to harden. There’s a lot of ice cream, so if you have leftovers, we recommend eating them whole or baking them in the oven.
10. Next, make the choux pastry. Tear the frozen cake into a heatproof container and add butter and water.
11. Wrap and cook at 600W for 1 minute and mix well.
12. Heat at 600W for 30 seconds and mix well.
13. Reheat in microwave at 600W for 30 seconds and mix well.
14. Beat eggs that have been at room temperature, adding a little at a time and mixing well each time. Maybe too much or too little depending on the size of the egg. Finally, while observing the dough, when lifting the dough, the dough will hang down in an isosceles triangle and slowly deflate.
15. Place in a pastry bag and shape into a circle on a baking tray lined with aluminum foil. If you pre-draw a circle on the back of the cooking plate, it will be easier to sizing.
16. Flatten any sharp edges with a fork or wet finger.
17. Moisten the whole body with a nebulizer. If you don’t have a spray bottle, you can wet the surface with your fingers.
18. Cover the dough with aluminum foil and bake in the oven at 200℃ for 20-25 minutes. If the dough cools down, it won’t rise, so bake it while it’s still warm. If it is cold, please reheat in the microwave for 10 to 20 seconds before baking. The temperature of the dough should be around 35-40℃. If using an oven, bake in a preheated oven at 190°C for 20-25 minutes
19. Remove the foil and bake for 3-5 minutes until golden brown.
20. Dry by preheating in the toaster. Do not open the door until the dough cools as it will shrink.
21. Cut in half when cool.
22. Put the cream on the choux cake and you’re done.