Strawberry mille-feuille can be easily made in a frying pan. You can use a frozen cake mold to make it very easy and delicious, give it a try…
2 frozen pastry sheets 18cm x 10cm
Granulated sugar 1 teaspoon per frozen cake plate
Soursop ice cream
2 egg yolks
Sand sugar 55g
Fresh cream 80ml
5 g gelatin powder soaked in 1 tablespoon water
Vanilla essence Appropriate amount 4-5 drops
Powdered sugar to your liking
1. Remove the frozen pie from the bag and defrost at room temperature for about 10 minutes.
2. Use a fork to pick up a piece of frozen cake.
3. Place the pan over low heat, put in the frozen cake pan and bake for 15-20 minutes. I didn’t notice it when I was making the video, but it seems that it’s hot inside, so please put a baking sheet on the pan and then put a baking sheet on top. Also, the subtitle says 10 minutes, but please bake for 15-20 minutes.
4. When baking, turn the cake over, cover and bake the other side for 15 to 20 minutes.
5. When all the cake sheets are done baking, sprinkle them with granulated sugar and turn them upside down in the pan.
6. Cover with tissue paper, level the frying pan, etc. and bake over high heat for about 1 minute to caramelize. If you don’t have 2 pans, you can use a spatula to hold them in place. Remember to check for doneness midway as it burns easily.
7. Beat whipped cream for 8 minutes.
8. Put the egg yolks and granulated sugar in a mixing bowl until it turns milky white.
9. Add the sifted cake flour and mix gently.
10. Heat the milk in a saucepan until it boils.
11. Pour warmed milk little by little into the bowl, add vanilla essence and mix well.
12. Return to the pot over medium heat, stirring continuously with a wooden spatula until thickened.
13. Strain the cream, melt the softened gelatin in the microwave for 10 seconds and then add. For those of you who don’t like the texture of gelatin, if you cook the custard a little longer to thicken the cream, you don’t need to add the gelatin. Instead, it will be a bit difficult to cut, so be careful.
14. Put in ice water to cool.
15. When turning off the heat, add the fresh cream that has been left to stand for 8 minutes and mix well. Since it hardens quickly, stir quickly.
16. Cut the stem of the strawberry.
17. Spread custard cream on top of cake and place strawberries on top.
18. Add custard cream and caramel scones. Also paint the gaps and sides of the strawberry so that the cut is clean.
19. Put in the fridge for 1-2 hours to harden.
20. Garnish with powdered sugar or whipped cream to complete.