Introducing a chiffon recipe that can be made in a rice cooker without an oven. You can easily make it with a 100 yen mold, so give it a try.
Use 13 cm type
Tapioca powder 40g
Cocoa powder 10g
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
30g salad oil
* Oils containing emulsifiers remove air bubbles and do not swell. Therefore, use oils that do not contain emulsifiers.
Cocoa powder 20g
Sand sugar 30g
Fresh cream 50g
Bananas and blueberries
15 to 20 strawberries
8 to 10 American cherries
1. Separate eggs into whites and yolks.
2. Store egg whites in the refrigerator.
3. Add half of the 25g granulated sugar to the egg yolk and mix well until it turns milky.
4. Add salad oil and mix.
5. Heat the milk in a 600W microwave for 20 seconds, then add the milk and mix well.
6. Add sifted sponge cake powder, cocoa powder and baking powder and mix well.
7. Add a pinch of salt to the cooled egg whites and beat with a whisk.
8. Add half of 25g granulated sugar and beat lightly.
9. Add remaining granulated sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
10. After beating until the cotton and whistle come to a stop, beat on low speed for about 1 minute to adjust for air bubbles. Make sure meringues won’t fall out even when the bowl is upside down.
11. Put 1/3 of the meringue in the egg yolk bowl and mix well with a whisk.
12. Add the remaining meringue in 2 batches and mix with a rubber spatula. If you mix the dough too much and the meringue is crushed, the power boost will be weak.
13. Pour into the chiffon mold and drop from the top 2-3 times to release the air. Pour the dough from as low a position as possible to prevent air from entering.
14. Put in rice cooker and cook in rice mode. Bake in oven at 180°C for 25 minutes.
15. After baking, poke the bamboo skewers, the dough will not stick to the toothpick. If the rice is not cooked, cook more. In that case, please check the status of the dough once in about 10 minutes. If it is still uncooked, repeat the cooking process.
16. After baking is complete, turn the mold upside down with a plastic bottle etc. and let it cool. If you let the dough cool without turning it upside down, the soft dough will collapse due to gravity, causing the dough to shrink.
17. Soak the gelatin powder in a little water.
18. Put cocoa powder, sugar, water and fresh cream in a pot, reduce heat to low.
19. Heat softened gelatin in 500W microwave, add gelatin and simmer until gelatin thickens.
20. Strain through a sieve, let cool and then use a spatula to blend. If you let it cool until it thickens, the ice will thicken, if you let it cool for a short time, it will melt to the bottom, so you can adjust it to your liking. It is recommended that the temperature when dripping is about 28°C. If it is too hard, heat it slightly in the microwave, and if it is too liquid, let it cool a bit.
21. Cut a small portion of the chiffon and garnish with fruit if desired. If you don’t have strawberries, we recommend sliced bananas, cherries, or blueberries.