I made bread in the shape of a hasselback potato (or accordion potato), Does it look like a potato? It is a light bread with garlic butter sauce, potatoes and cheese inside. You can also put sweet potatoes in the bread. It is delicious even if you boil chestnuts in honey, so try applying it.
[10 pieces / Muffin pan diameter 7cm]
200g Bread flour
4g (1.5tsp) Instant dry yeast
3 g (1tsp) Salt
30g (3Tbsp) Sugar
80ml Warm milk
54g, 1 Room temperature egg
30g Room temperature unsalted butter
✤ Garlic Butter Sauce
27g (1.5 Tbsp) Minced garlic
40g Room temperature unsalted butter
8g (0.5Tbsp) Honey (sugar available)
1g (1tsp) Parsley
150g Potato (medium size)
2 Pinches of salt
Black pepper powder
✤ Before Baking
Egg wash (1 egg + 2-3Tbsp milk)
✤ After baking
10g Melted unsalted butter
– I even did the 3rd fermentation, but if it bothers you, you can do it up to the 2nd fermentation.
(However, if you do it up to the 3rd time, a softer bread will be completed)
– If you don’t have a muffin tin, you can just bake it in a pan.
(However, the shape is slightly different)
1. 80ml Warm milk, 4g (1.5tsp) Instant dry yeast, 30g (3Tbsp) Sugar. Dissolve yeast and sugar. 54g, 1 room temperature egg, 200g Bread flour, 3g (1tsp) Salt. Salt to coat the flour, mix all together. If the dough is moist without raw flour, 30g Room temperature unsalted butter, tear the dough and mix it. When thrown, the butter permeates well, if the butter permeates well and becomes smooth, ferment in a warm place to 2-3 times the size (35℃~36℃)
2. 150g Potatoes, cut the potatoes into easy-to-cook sizes. Add some water, boil in the microwave for 6 minutes (based on 700w). Mash the boiled potatoes finely, 2 Pinches of salt, black pepper. Mix well and prepare
3. 40g Room temperature unsalted butter, 27g (1.5 Tbsp) Minced garlic, 8g (0.5Tbsp) Honey (can be sugar), 1g (1tsp) Parsley. Mix the ingredients to make the garlic sauce.
4. After 1 hour and 30 minutes (1 hour in summer), divide the dough into 10 equal parts. Make it round, let it ferment again to double the size (20-30 minutes) (optional), remove the gas, then round it. Sprinkle with flour, stretch it out in one direction. After applying a lot of garlic butter sauce, cut at 5mm intervals. Put the potatoes up to the size of your thumb, add mozzarella cheese. After wrapping and rolling the contents, push the sides in slightly.
5. Put it in a low muffin tin (7cm in diameter), ferment until doubled in size (20-30 minutes), egg wash. After moving to an oven preheated to 170°C (338°F). Bake at 160°C (320°F) for 20 to 23 minutes (may vary depending on oven specifications)
6. Melted unsalted butter, butter the bread to make it soft. Parsley, sprinkle with parsley to look like a hasselback. Fluffy potato bread resembling hasselback potatoes, delicious just by looking at it.