I made a leaf-shaped snack that goes well with autumn. It has multiple strands like noodles, so it is more crispy. It is also fun to eat one piece at a time. I missed the twist-shaped snacks my mother made when I was young. It’s tastier than that. I keep them in the freezer and take them out one at a time when I drink coffee. Crispy and still delicious.
[about 25 pieces]
400g Soft flour (all purpose flour available)
52g, 1 Egg
20g (2Tbsp) Sugar
2 g (0.5tsp) Salt
2g (1tsp) Baking powder (can be omitted)
80g Melted unsalted butter
25g (1.5Tbsp) Honey
– It is possible to bake in an oven or air fryer, but the texture is different. (harder texture)
-It can be refrigerated for about 3 to 4 days, and for more than that, keep it frozen before serving.
– If you add baking powder, it slightly puffs up the surface to make it more crispy.
But even if you don’t put it, it’s still crispy, so you can omit it if you don’t.
1. 140ml Water, 20g (2Tbsp) Sugar, 2g (1tsp) Baking powder, 2g (0.7tsp) Salt, 52g, 1 Egg. After mixing the ingredients well. 400g Soft flour (all purpose flour available), 80g Melted unsalted butter. Add flour and butter and mix well, add the remaining water little by little and knead. Medium softness, seal and let rest at room temperature for 20 minutes.
2. After 20 minutes, moist and soft dough, divide the dough into 2 loaves. Sprinkle with flour, make it thin, about 1mm thick, cut off the end, cut into 10 x 10cm size, sprinkle powder on the front and back, then fold in half. Cut at 3-5mm intervals, apply water on both ends, then fold and paste. Open the middle and let one side pass through, apply water on the end and fold it, the other side is turned over and glued. Gently pull and tighten to create volume, cut off the thickened end (optional).
3. Now put it in the hot oil and fry it. I turn it back and forth and take good care of it. When it turns light brown, take it out. Let it cool down for a while.
4. 170g Sugar, 100ml Water, 25g (1.5Tbsp) Honey. Melt the sugar and bring to a boil, when the sugar is all melted and it starts to boil. Turn off the stove and let it cool. Watery, cookies that become crispy as they cool down. Lastly, apply the cooled syrup to the cookies (optional).