A delicious recipe for Rich Chocolate Ganache Roll Cake combining soft, fluffy sponge cake rolled with cream cheese frosting and covered in a rich chocolate ganache. It is an impressive yet surprisingly simple recipe to make that’s fit for any occasion.
Your chocolate cravings will definitely be satisfied with this beauty of a cake. Not too rich and not too sweet, the chocolate in this dessert balances the cream cheese frosting filling perfectly. Whilst an optional addition, the blackberries provide the perfect fruity topping to the Ganache Roll.
■Cocoa roll cake
4 egg white
4 egg yolks
25g vegetable oil
30g hot water
30g cake flour
15g cocoa powder
180g sweet chocolate
150ml heavy cream
15g unsalted butter
3g cocoa powder
50ml heavy cream
1. Separate the yolk and white of the egg. Mix the egg whites. When foam appears, add sugar and continue mixing.
2. Mix flour and yolk together, stir well. Pour add 30g hot water. Continue to mix. Pour 30g cake flour and 15g cocoa powder into the mixture. Mix well until a nice brown color is obtained.
3. Mix the white mixture created by the egg whites with the brown mixture. Mix well to combine the 2 mixtures. We achieve a certain smoothness and consistency.
4. Put a piece of special baking paper on the tray, spread the paper evenly and pour the mixture you just created. Spread the mixture evenly on the tray to form a flat surface with an even thickness. Bake in oven preheated to 190 degrees C for 11-15 min.
5. Take the cake out of the oven, put it on a bamboo tray. Spread a piece of paper on the surface of the cake. Use a knife to slice the ganache cream into small pieces. Pour 150mm heavy cream into a small saucepan, bring to a boil and stir. Then, pour in the boiled milk and 180g of sweet chocolate. Stir until chocolate is dissolved in milk. Add 15g of unsalted butter. Continue to stir.
6. Spread the mixture evenly on the cake on the bamboo tray. Roll the cake. Wrap the cake in 1 piece of cling film. Cool in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
7. In the meantime, we make cake decorations. Pour cocoa cream into the bowl. Add 8g suger and 3g cocoa powder. mix. Pour 50ml heavy cream. Stir evenly. Cover the cake with cream. Add strawberries to decorate the cake.