Chewy potato balls with tapioca starch! I made fries that are good to eat one at a time. Potato dough kneaded with boiled potatoes and tapioca starch is made into rounds and fried. The small balls are so cute and good to eat in one bite. Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, it has a really fun texture. It has a round shape, so you have to keep rolling it with chopsticks while frying so that it gets fried evenly. If you dip them in ketchup and eat one or two, you will soon find an empty bowl. I think it would be good to make it hearty and share it with family and friends!
215g Boiled potato (about 2 potatoes)
2 Tbsp(30g) Sugar
1/2 tsp(2g) Salt
1/2 tsp (2g) Baking powder
7 Tbsp(60g) Tapioca starch
10g Unsalted butter
1. Mash boiled potatoes finely and mix with sugar, salt, baking powder and tapioca starch.
2. Add water and mix to form a lump, then add soft unsalted butter and mix until smooth.
3. Wrap in plastic wrap and harden in the freezer for 30 minutes.
4. Cut the dough into small pieces and make a round shape.
5. Put in 170 degree oil and fry until golden brown, then remove.