Nobody believes such a fluffy and moist cake is made with lemon! Very easy and delicious lemon chiffon cake. Very fluffy, as soft as clouds.
30ml (2 tbsp) Lemon juice
30ml (2 tbsp) Water
40ml (3 tbsp) Cooking oil
80g (10 tbsp) Cake flour
2ml (1/2 tsp) Lemon juice
75g (6 tbsp) Sugar
Cake pan size 18cm/7‘’
1. Prepare a larger lemon, or you can use 2 smaller one. First wash the lemon with water and rub it with a little salt, scrub out the lemon peel, just the yellow part, cut the lemon and squeeze out the lemon juice. Total 30 ml (2 tablespoons) of lemon juice required.
2. 30 ml (2 tablespoons) water, if you want a stronger lemon flavor, replace 30 ml of water with lemon juice, 40 ml (3 tablespoons) cooking oil. Prepare 5 eggs, separating the whites and yolks. Put the egg whites into a clean bowl, 5 egg yolks put in lemon juice mixture. Mix well, 80 grams (10 tablespoons) cake flour/low gluten flour. Sift and add into the egg yolk batter. Mix well.
3. 5 egg whites with a few drops of lemon juice. Beat on medium-high speed until large fish-eye bubbles appear. Add 75 grams (6 tablespoons) of sugar in three times. Continue whipping on medium-high speed. Whip until small fish-eye bubbles appear, add 1/3 of the sugar. Continue whipping on medium-high speed. Whip until slight texture appears, add 1/3 sugar. Continue whipping on medium-low speed. Whip until the hook appears, neutral or dry foam is fine.
4. Add some of the meringue to the egg yolk batter and mix well. Mix well then pour into the meringue. Continue to mix well. The final cake batter is this state.
5. Pour into the prepared cake mold, cake pan size 18 cm/7 inches. Scrape with a spatula to smooth. Put in preheated oven on the lower middle shelf and bake at 150°C (300°F) for 50 minutes. Out of the oven, immediately shake twice and then turn upside down to cool. Let it cool and then unmold it. If you like cream, you can whip some cream for decoration, or you can eat it directly.