I made icing strawberry roll cake with strawberry cream. I put dried strawberry powder in soft condensed milk buttercream and iced it with a light pink cream, and I think it turned out to be a cozy and lovely roll cake. I added sliced strawberries for decoration, and the strawberry flavor was stronger. The sheet is soft and elastic, so if you roll it well and harden it, it will get a round shape. The white cream inside tastes like milk, and the cream on the outside tastes like strawberry milk.
▶Mold size: 30cm x 21cm.
4 Egg yolks
4g Vanilla extract
30g Vegetable oil
70g Cake flour
2g Baking powder
4 Egg whites
120g Unsalted butter
100g Condensed milk
75g Heavy cream
Butter cream (50g unsalted butter, 35g condensed milk, 30g heavy cream)
3g Strawberry powder
1. Beat egg yolks, add sugar and salt vanilla extract and mix, then add milk and vegetable oil and mix.
2. Sift flour and baking powder through a sieve, mix well so that there are no lumps, and set aside for a while.
3. If bubbles appear while whipping the cold egg whites, add sugar in 3 portions at 30-second intervals to make a meringue with slightly curved horns.
4. Add 1/3 of the meringue to the yolk dough and mix. Add half of the remaining meringue and mix gently. Pour all the mixed dough into the bowl containing the meringue and mix carefully.
5. Check that the balls are well mixed with a spatula to the bottom. After mixing, pour into the oven pan to flatten it and bake for 25 minutes in the oven at 170 degrees.
6. Remove the baked cake sheet immediately from the mold, cut the edges, and cut the finished side diagonally.
7. Beat room temperature butter with a hand mixer, add condensed milk, and whip until creamy.
8. Add fresh cream and whip to complete the cream, spread evenly on the cake sheet and add more cream at the beginning.
9. Lay the strawberries side by side, cover with cream, and fix the cake firmly without rolling it, then harden in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
10. Beat with a hand mixer at room temperature, add condensed milk and whip until creamy. Add fresh cream and whip, then add strawberry powder and whip.
11. Spread strawberry cream evenly on the roll cake, smooth it using a mousse strip, and put it in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes.
(You can make it smoother by trimming it to some extent and putting it in the refrigerator for about 10 minutes and then trimming it with a mousse strip again)
12. Decorate with the sliced strawberries on top.