Today, I made Apple Pie. It’s my favorite pie. Do you know sour apple is good for making apple pie? I used ‘Cortland’ which is one kind of apples, it was actually very sour.So, it was perfect for making apple pie. I hope you guys enjoy crispy, sweet sour apple pie home.
(width 5cm*length 9cm 12ea )
250g all purpose flour
(If you use salted butter, you don’t need to add salt
140g cold butter
2ea egg yolk
60g cold water
3ea large(medium size in korea) = about 330g apple
15g lemon juice
60g brown sugar
1g cinnamon powder
2tsp = 6g Starcraft
1ea egg yolk
1. Mix egg yolk with cold water and put it in the refrigerator for a while.
(I put it in to keep it as cold as possible)
2. Cut the cold butter into the flour into cubes of about 1.5cm*1.5cm, and use a scraper to coat the flour evenly and mince it to make it like a grain of rice.
(It is okay if there are some large lumps left)
3. Add the prepared cold water + yolk, and mix again as if cutting with a scraper. When it is mixed to a certain extent, fold it like a fold to form a lump.
4. After wrapping, rest in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
● Apple peeling
1. Cut the peeled apples into small pieces.
2. Melt the butter slightly, then add all the prepared ingredients and bring to a boil over medium heat in a pot.
3. After adding the starch, stir-fry it until the moisture is almost gone and it feels like it sticks together well, then put it in the refrigerator to cool.
● egg water
It is recommended to use the milk after mixing the yolk with milk. ^^
(You can use a smoother egg water if you sift it once. If you don’t filter it, it may become a little blotchy, but it’s not a big deal. You can use it according to the situation!)
● Combination and Burning
1. Consider cutting the rested pie paper into 30cm wide and 36cm long, spread it wider than that. (If it is too hard, you can leave it at room temperature for a while before use)
2. After cutting into 30cm x 36cm in length, cut each piece of paper so that it is 10cm in width * 9cm in height, that is, 12 pieces. (3 horizontal times 4 vertical = 12)
3 Brush the edges of each pie sheet with water. (I apply it to make it stick well later)
4. Put a spoonful of the prepared apple filling on top, fold it in half, and stick the edges with a fork.
5. Transfer to a tray, coat with egg water, and use a knife to make holes for air.
6. Bake in an oven preheated to 200 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes depending on the oven until golden and crispy.
7. Cool slightly on the tray and eat while still warm. It tastes even better! (You have to cool it on a tray to keep it crispy ^^)