How to make Perfect Swiss Roll Cake | Easy Recipe | Soft & Delicious . This recipe also works for 8-inch round mold.
1. the main reason for falling skin is not baked through, the surface is too wet so the skin will fall off when rolled later, to avoid falling skin, you can increase the baking time, or bake at high temperature for 10 minutes later, if your oven has a fan function, please use the fan function to bake, so the surface is easy to dry
2. there are two reasons for cracking: one is that the egg whites are too dry, the second reason is that the baking temperature is too high, so when whipping the egg whites try to whip a little wet, wet foam, whisk lift is a large hook. Because this baking pan is relatively large, so the chance of cracking is very small, you can use a relatively high temperature to bake.
3. do not wait for the roll to cool down before rolling, when the temperature of the cake roll close to hand temperature can be operated, after the cool roll more likely to crack.
60g Corn oil 4.5tbsp
80ml Whole milk 4tbsp
100g Cake flour 0.77cup
6pcs Egg 50g+-
2g Lemon juice
70g Caster sugar 5.6tbsp
Cake Pan size 26x39cm
Put it in the middle of the preheated oven, 170°C (340°F) bake for 35 minutes
1. Pour 60g/4.5tbsp corn oil into a bowl, or replace with another oil if you don’t have corn oil at home. Then pour in 80ml/4tbsp of milk. Stir with an egg whisk for about 2 minutes to fully emulsify the oil. The emulsified liquid is white and looks like yogurt. Then add 100g/0.77cup of cake flour sifted in. Mix well with an egg whisk, the batter is dry and sticky at this time.
2. Prepare 6 large eggs, about 60g each. Separate the egg whites and yolks first, and put the yolks directly into the mixed batter. Add the egg yolks and continue to mix with the whisk, the batter will be smooth after mixing. Next, whip the egg whites, add a few drops of lemon juice to the egg whites to remove the fishy, and make the meringue more stable. When the electric beater is on medium-high speed, add 1/3 of the granulated sugar when large fish-eye bubbles appear. Add 1/3 of granulated sugar when large fisheye bubbles disappear and become fine. When the texture becomes obvious, add the remaining 1/3 of the granulated sugar, then turn to medium-low speed and beat.. When the whisk is inverted, lift the whisk with a large hook, and the soft peaks will be ready. Take 1/3 of the meringue and pour it into the egg yolk batter, mix well.
3. Mix well and pour back into the meringue and continue to mix well. Mix with a spatula, gently and quickly, so that the meringue does not deform. Mix the batter with a spatula, smoothly and quickly, so that the meringue does not deflate. Pour the cake batter into a 26x39cm rectangular baking pan lined with baking paper or a baking mat. Scrape with a spatula to smooth.
4. Shake lightly, then bake in the middle of a preheated oven at 170°C (340°F) for 35 minutes. Remove from the oven, shake the pan lightly to remove some of the heat, and then let the cake cool. When the cake reaches hand temperature, you can roll it, cover the top with baking paper and turn it over. Remove the tarpaulin from the bottom, if you want to make towel rolls it is recommended to wrap 2 layers of tin foil under the baking sheet to prevent the cake from baking.
5. Cut one side at a 45 degree angle. Then cut off the remaining 3 edges at right angles to avoid cracking during the roll. Finally in the beginning of the end of the roll cut 3 cuts, do not cut to the bottom, so as to facilitate the roll up without cracking. Spread some condensed milk, or honey, or jam on the surface, spread the condensed milk with a spatula.
6. Now start rolling the cake roll, with the help of a rolling pin, lift the greaseproof paper and slowly roll it forward. Make sure to roll it tightly at first, otherwise there will be a hole in the middle. After the roll is done, press the closure underneath and wrap the greaseproof paper. Chill in the refrigerator for about 1 hour to shape. After shaping, take the cake rolls out and remove the greaseproof paper. Perfect crust, no cracking, no peeling.