I made scones today. I couldn’t find clotted cream at a store, so I made it from fresh cream myself but I failed the first time. Clotted cream is supposed to be cooked in the oven for 12 hours. I tried this recipe once but it didn’t work well with 35% cream. I made delicious cream referring to the recipe.
■Clotted Cream https://youtu.be/o-200sKaRz4
Heavy cream or whipping cream 250ml
Unsalted butter 25g
■Scones 9 pieces
3 teaspoons (12g) baking powder
Pinch of salt
75 g Cold unsalted butter
130ml cold milk
1. Make clotted cream for scones first, the traditional recipe is to heat it in the oven for 12 hours. It’s a very time consuming recipe. It can only be made with fresh cream with a fat content of 45% or more. I made it once with 35% fresh cream, but I failed. This is a recipe that boils cream and butter in a pot. Boil down to half to make a thick cream. Let it cool until tomorrow.
2. Let’s make strawberry jam too, boil down the jam to half, bottle the jam while it’s hot. Keep the jam in the fridge until the next day.
3. On the first day, I made only cream and jam. On the second day, I will make scones. In a bowl, sift together the baking powder and flour. Add sugar and a pinch of salt. Be sure to use cold butter. Mix butter and powders. I mixed it until there was no lump of butter. I added 1/2 egg, but you can also use milk instead.
4. Fold the dough in three. Repeat this process 5 times. Wrap the dough and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Stretched the dough to a thickness of 2.5 cm. Cut out shapes with a 5 cm mold. I made 9 scones with 5 cm and a 1 small scone.
5. Put the leftover egg to the scones. Bake at 200 ° C for 15 minutes, looks delicious! Spread cream thick too.