I made a sandwich cake with fragrant melon on a moist sheet. It is much softer and moister than a roll cake sheet, so it melts in one bite. A lot of juice comes out of melons, so I think it would be good to use a kitchen towel to remove as much moisture as possible before putting them in the cake. I wanted to make the sheet green, so I added a little green tea powder, but it didn’t taste like green tea, so it was okay. If you eat it cold, the melon will feel fresher and you can eat it much more deliciously.
▶Mold size: 37.5cm x 25.4cm.
4 Egg yolks
50g Vegetable oil
2g Vanilla extract
85g Cake flour
5g Green tea powder
4 Egg whites
100g Heavy cream
150g Cream cheese
1. Add sugar and honey to egg yolk and mix, then add milk, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract and mix.
2. Sift the soft flour and green tea powder through a sieve, mix evenly, and set aside for a while.
3. While whipping the cold egg white, add sugar in 3 portions at 30-second intervals to make a meringue with soft horns.
4. Add 1/3 of the meringue to the yolk batter and mix, then add half of the remaining meringue and mix. Pour the yolk batter into the remaining meringue and mix evenly.
5. Pour it into the pan, flatten it, bake it in the oven at 150 degrees for 23 minutes, take it out of the mold and cool it, then cut off the edges and divide it into thirds.
6. Whip the whipped cream with sugar, then add cold cream cheese and whip it to make a hard cream.
7. Lay the wrap and put a sheet on it, then squeeze the cream flat, put the melon, squeeze the cream on it to make it flat, and put the sheet on it.
8. After squeezing the cream and leveling it, put a sheet on it, wrap it in cling film and harden it in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.