Today I made a beautiful rainbow jelly cake. This time, the cheesecake must be squeezed by putting it in the nozzle, so be careful when mixing the whipped cream. Otherwise, the cream may become thick or crumbly. So, even when mixing gelatin, I went back to the beginning and mixed it with the standard after a long time. Please check the video of the process. Also, you need to mix the whipped cream with slightly different volumes to create a firm yet smooth cream. And what about konjac jelly, which boasts elasticity. It has a very good chewy texture. For more information on konjac, please see below.
● Cake finished size ( 22cm * 22cm * 7cm )
● Pastel Rainbow Jelly Cheesecake
(Mold size: 24.5cm*13cm)
100g Grahams Cookies (Small Pieces – 27)
13g sugar ( 1Tbsp )
55g unsalted butter ( 1/4 cup )
500g cream cheese ( 2 cups + 1/4 cup )
135g sugar ( 1/2 cup +3Tbsp )
100g sour cream (1/2 cup)
(or 100g unsweetened yogurt without water)
15g lemon juice ( 1Tbsp )
5ml Vanilla extract (1tsp)
13 g powdered gelatin ( 1 Tbsp + 1 tsp )
65g water ( 1/3 cup +1tsp )
400g heavy cream (70%~80% whipped) ( 1 cup + 3/4 cup – before whipping)
● Rainbow Konjac Jelly
(Mold size: 26cm*18cm)
(** The recipe below is required for each color.)
Sugar 15g (1Tbsp) *6
Konjac powder 2.5g ( 1/2tsp ) *6
100g water (1/3 cup+1Tbsp+1tsp) *6
2.5ml lemon juice ( 1/2tsp ) *6
1. I didn’t have a mold of the size I wanted, so I made it, put in parchment paper or Teflon sheet. Fix it with a magnet. 30 minutes in the freezer.
2. I will make rainbow colored jelly, add sugar and konjac. Sugar has a dispersing effect, so if you put them together, the konjac won’t clump together. I made it with gelatin, but, it was difficult to make the thickness of the jelly thin. However, the konjac jelly was firm and did not tear easily. Please make other colors as well. I put it in a bottle and made it because it looked pretty. You’ll love making it right in the pot.
3. Bring it to a boil over low heat, boil for about 1 minute more after it starts to boil. Continue to stir, pour it right away. The jelly separates well from the mold even without grease. Just leave it at room temperature for a while and it will harden quickly. Please do the same for the other colors.
4. I will make cheesecake, because this cake has to be put in the nozzle and squeezed, cheesecake condition is very important. If you don’t have sour cream, you can use unsweetened yogurt. However, you need to remove the moisture from the yogurt. Be sure to mix the gelatin in this way. This will prevent the gelatin from clumping together. Mix well.
5. I whipped the heavy cream to 70% volume, divide in small portions and mix. That way you can make a smooth and hard cream. Whip the heavy cream to 80% volume and mix. From now on, please make the cake quickly, apply a thin layer of cream. I used an 18mm nozzle, but 15mm or 20mm nozzles are fine.
6. I use purple jelly first, use a straw. Squeeze the cream in a voluminous way. Let me show you the jelly in detail. From now on, it’s infinite repetition. The jelly is very soft. Now the last pink jelly… If you don’t have a straw, shape it by hand, 3-4 hours in the refrigerator.