I made a baked corn cheese cookie by mixing cream cheese with corn and putting it in cookies. It has a savory yet sweet taste, and the chewy corn gives it a fun texture. I was thinking about how to shape it, so I rolled it up with cookie dough and baked it. It’s crunchy and moist, so you can eat it softly. You can omit the sugar sprinkled on the top, but if you sprinkle sugar on it, it will sparkle and shine.
▶About 10 pieces.
80g Unsalted butter
210g Cake flour
2g Baking powder
75g Cream cheese
75g Canned sweet corn
1. Melt room temperature butter, add sugar and salt, and mix until the color is bright.
2. Divide the eggs into two portions and mix well. Sift the soft flour and baking powder through a sieve and mix as if cutting with a spatula.
3. If you can’t see the raw flour, make a lump, wrap it in plastic wrap, and rest in the refrigerator for about 40 minutes.
4. Remove cream cheese, add sugar, mix, add starch, mix evenly, add dried canned corn, mix well and place in a piping bag.
5. Roll out the rested cookie dough with a rolling pin, put the corn and cream cheese mixture on top, roll it up and harden it in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
6. Cut it slowly with a scraper and pan it in an oven pan, sprinkle sugar on the top and put it in the freezer while preheating (about 15-20 minutes), then bake it in the oven at 180 degrees for about 25 minutes.