For the shell
100g melted butter
4 cups Sour Cream
1 cup Sugar
4 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1. Make the crust: Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. In a food processor or Ziploc bag, grind the biscuits into small crumbs. Add melted butter and pulse until combined. Press into the bottom of the 9-inch (23 cm) spring-loaded pan. Bake for 7-8 minutes. Set aside while filling.
3. Reduce oven heat to 3250°F (160°C).
4. Making the cake filling: drain the liquid from the sour cream from the liquid.
5. In a large bowl, beat sugar and sour cream until smooth. Add eggs until beaten until combined. Add vanilla extract, cornstarch, and lemon zest and beat until combined.
6. Bake the cheesecake: Place the pan on a large piece of foil and fold the foil over the sides of the pan. Pour the filling over the crust, place the pan in the roasting pan. Fill the roasting pan with hot water to half the side of the spring-loaded pan. Or; Place the spring-loaded pan on the center rack of the oven and at the bottom place a plate with a boiling trough to create a steam environment.Bake for 45-50 minutes or until edges have softened but center is slightly wobbly. Turn off the heat and leave it in the oven for another hour. Let cool to room temperature for an hour, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
7. Serve with jam or fresh fruit.