I sprinkled sugar on the scones and made it Nunetine style Nunetine’s pies are famous in Jeju Island and seem to be sold a lot in the market. I made it in the shape of a triangle, and it’s good because it’s easy to hold and easy to eat. You can change the shape to any shape you want. The toppings are crispy and the pies are crispy too, but with the sweet toppings, it feels like eating a pie. It’s a cake that can be eaten sweet even without jam.
300g soft flour
10g baking powder
100 g cold unsalted butter
60g cold milk
50g powdered sugar
10g egg whites
1g lemon juice
1. Add sugar, salt, baking powder to the flour, mix well, then add cold unsalted butter and mix like using a cake scraper.
2. When the butter has mixed with the flour and becomes a small mass, beat the eggs, add the cold milk and mix to form a mass.
3. Transfer to workbench, flatten, cut in half, overlap and flatten.
4. Repeat about 3 times, wrap in cling film and freeze for 1 hour.
5. Cut the hardened dough into triangles and place on a baking tray.
6. Add the egg whites and lemon juice to the powdered sugar, mix well and spread on the cake.
7. Garnish with apricot jam on top, bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees for 22 minutes and let cool.