I made a pomegranate fresh cream cake so you can feel the fatty taste of the pomegranate. I make syrup with 100% pomegranate juice and add a lot of moisture to the cake, the color is eye-catching and fragrant, so I think the cake has a cool feeling. I put pomegranate juice in the middle to soften when eating and put pomegranate seeds on top for decoration. Sparkling pomegranate seeds make the cake even more outstanding. I made the square but the icing is much more difficult than the round cake so it takes a bit longer. It is beautiful even if you make it round, and it would be great if you changed the decoration in different ways.
4 eggs, 100g sugar
3g vanilla extract
30g unsalted butter
110g soft flour
200g pomegranate juice
5g lemon juice
250g fresh cream
white chocolate ganache
whipped cream for decoration
1. Put an egg in a pot of hot water, add sugar and vanilla extract, mix well and increase the temperature to about 40 degrees.
2. Remove the bowl from the pot and place the bowl with the butter and unsalted milk on top to melt.
3. Beat the egg mixture to a smooth and thick foam, sift in the flour and mix well, then add some cake flour to the melted unsalted butter mixture and mix well.
4. Add the flour mixture, mix well, pour the dough into a 15cm square mold, bake in a preheated 170 degree Celsius oven for about 40 minutes, remove from the mold to cool.
5. Cut the top, bottom and sides of the cooled sheet and cut into 3 pieces.
6. Put pomegranate juice and sugar in a pot and bring to a boil until half is reduced, then add lemon juice, boil a little more, take out another bowl to cool and put in the refrigerator.
7. Add sugar to cold whipped cream and whisk to form ice cream.
8. Place a sheet of paper on the turntable, apply pomegranate syrup, apply cream and place the paper.
9. Repeat the stacking operation, apply the cream evenly all over the face and let it harden in the freezer for about 20 minutes.
10. Melt and mix white chocolate ganache ingredients, let cool to 31-32 degrees and pour over cake.
11. Squeeze whipped cream on top and garnish with pomegranate seeds.