Today’s roast is matcha tiramisu, made with matcha genoise topped with matcha syrup and mascarpone cheese as the base for anglaise. If you want to make the dough instead of the cake, you can make it without gelatin.
Green tea powder
30 g unsalted butter
100g soft flour
Matcha powder 9g
3 egg whites
Ice cream mascarpone
2 egg yolks
1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
5g gelatin leaves
250g mascarpone cheese
150g fresh cream
4g green tea powder
Making Matcha Genoise
1. Separate egg yolks and egg whites. Place the egg whites in the refrigerator to chill.
2. Add 30g of sugar to the yolks and beat white.
3. Add unsalted butter to the milk and heat it in the microwave until it melts.
4. Add to the yolk mixture and mix well.
5. Sift flour and matcha powder and mix well.
6. Beat egg whites, when starting to foam, divide the sugar into 3 times and beat at high speed. Make meringues shiny but firm. Use hand mixer on low speed for 2 minutes to clean pores.
7. Divide the meringue into the yolk and flour mixture into two parts.
8. Pour the dough into an 18cm square mold lined with parchment paper.
9. After removing the air again by hitting the floor, bake the cake at 170 degrees for 25-30 minutes and let it cool.
Make Mascarpone Ice Cream
1. Soak gelatin in cold water for about 30 seconds then squeeze out the water. In the summer, it is recommended to soak in ice water so that the gelatin does not melt.
2. Add sugar to egg yolks and mix well.
3. Add vanilla powder and mix.
4. Heat the milk on medium heat and when the outside boils, turn off the heat.
5. Add a little milk at a time to the yolk mixture and mix well.
6. Return to pot and cook over medium heat.
7. Stir quickly with a whisk to mix well.
8. Bring to a boil at about 82-84 degrees. If you don’t have a thermometer, scoop out the ice cream with a spoon and rub it with your fingers until there’s no clear line that it’s cooked.
9. Add gelatin and melt, then let cool until just lukewarm and mix well.
10. Gently mix mascarpone cheese at room temperature.
11. Divide the creme anglaise in half and mix well.
12. Whip fresh cream about 60-70%.
13. Divide 2 parts whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture and mix well.
Making Matcha Syrup
1. Mix water and sugar. Microwave until sugar is melted.
2. Divide the matcha powder into 3 parts and mix well.
3. Mix well without lumps and let cool completely.
1. Cut Matcha Genoise into 1cm thick slices. A total of 2 slices of Genoise are required.
2. Use a 15cm square mousse mold.
3. Pour the matcha genoise into the mold and drizzle with plenty of matcha syrup.
4. Pour in mascarpone cream and spread evenly.
5. Drizzle matcha genoise on top and add more matcha syrup.
6. Pour in mascarpone cream and flatten, then use a spatula to cut off the top again.
7. Harden in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours.
8. Sprinkle powdered sugar on top first, then sift matcha powder.
9. After dipping a cotton cloth in hot water and wrapping it, remove the frame.