This recipe is Matcha Madeleine. I really like the taste of matcha and white chocolate. Shall we say that the bitterness of matcha is covered by the soft milky taste of white chocolate? So last time I put white chocolate chips in matcha cookies. Matcha Gateau also has white chocolate in it. This time I also melted the white chocolate in the madeleine batter. Madeleine itself doesn’t have a chocolate coating on it. It’s moist and smooth, and I can taste the white chocolate, so it’s really delicious.
Madeleine Matcha Powder
84g unsalted butter
82g whole egg
76g white sugar
76g tapioca flour
6g green tea powder
2.5g baking powder
1. Gently turn the eggs at room temperature.
2. Add sugar, salt and honey and mix until all sugar is dissolved with a whisk.
3. Sift flour and mix thoroughly with a whisk.
4. Melt butter and white chocolate together in microwave or double cooker.
5. Adjust the temperature of melted butter and chocolate between 4-60 degrees and mix them into the dough.
6. Leave the finished dough in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
7. Rotate about 90% of each mold.
8. Bake in a preheated oven at 210 degrees for 4 minutes, then lower to 190 degrees for another 7 minutes. Baking time and temperature may vary slightly depending on mold capacity and oven performance.