I made a beautifully colored blueberry sponge cake by adding blueberry puree. The outside is a baked cake, but when cut it is a purple cake, so it looks different and beautiful. The taste of blueberries is well blended, fragrant, soft and moist. I cut off the top and put in ice with blueberry cream cheese, I found the harmony between the flavors of cream cheese and cake to be really good. Garnishing with fresh blueberries makes it feel richer.
Mold size: 15.5cm x 7.8cm x 6.5cm
6g lemon juice
100 g unsalted butter
110g soft flour
3g baking powder
100 g eggs
3g vanilla extract
80g blueberry juice
40g fresh cream
80g cream cheese
20g blueberry juice
1. Put the kumquats and sugar in a pot to boil, then bring the cornstarch to a boil. When it becomes thick, add lemon juice and it’s done.
2. Transfer to another bowl to cool to room temperature, then cool in the refrigerator.
3. Gently beat unsalted butter, sift flour and baking powder, beat until thickened.
4. Beat eggs, add sugar and salt, mix well, add milk and vanilla extract, mix well, divide into butter dough and beat.
5. Add blueberry puree, mix well, pour batter into buttered mold, shape and place in pan, bake in preheated oven at 170 degrees for about 45 minutes and then let cool completely.
6. Whip fresh cream with sugar, then add cream cheese and pureed blueberries and mix well to make ice cream.
7. Cut the top of the sponge cake flat, spread cream on top and garnish with blueberries.