Today, I made a strawberry charlotte cake. Charlotte is a traditional French cake topped with biscuits on the bottom and sides and topped with cream. Regardless of what’s inside, if it’s a cake with a cookie border around the edges.
60 g yolk
34g white sugar
100g egg whites
50g BEER white sugar
90g soft flour
2g vanilla extract
1. Add sugar A and vanilla extract to the yolks and whisk.
2. Divide sugar B into the egg whites and beat to form a stiff meringue.
3. Add the meringue to the yolks and mix gently.
4. Sift the soft flour into the mix gently to avoid air bubbles.
5. Cut into a 15cm round, 30cm wide * 10cm long rectangle according to the pattern.
6. Sprinkle with powdered sugar twice and bake in the preheated oven at 170 degrees for 10 minutes. Conventional household oven: Bake for 10 minutes at 190 degrees. Even in the same oven, the heat intensity can be different. It can be overcooked even by 1 minute, so judge how done by looking at the baking color of the cookies.
7. After cooling to lukewarm, cut the rectangular cookies in half to form two sheets 30cm wide x 5cm long.
8. After wrapping the mousse strip over the mousse ring, cut the cookie and place it snugly.
15g white sugar
5 g kirsch
1. Heat the water and sugar in the microwave for about 30 seconds, then let the sugar dissolve completely.
2. When it cools a bit, add the kirsch and mix.
3. Once cooled completely, spread the syrup evenly on the inside of the biscuits.
115g strawberry puree
4.5g gelatin leaves
8g lemon juice
112g fresh cream
4 g kirsch
Italian meringue Use 70g
50g egg whites
80g white sugar
1. Soak gelatin in cold water for at least 10 minutes.
2. Put the soaked gelatin in strawberry puree to drain, heat until the gelatin dissolves.
3. Add lemon juice and kirsch, mix well and let cool below 30 degrees.
4. Add cooled strawberry puree bit by bit to 70% whipped cream and mix with a whisk.
5. Make an Italian meringue with 50g egg whites, 20g water and 80g sugar.
6. Take 70g meringue, let cool below 30 degrees and place on top of mousse.
7. Mix gently so that the air bubbles do not disappear.
8. Pour the whole mousse inside the biscuits, press flat, put in the freezer for more than 1 hour to harden.
9. Put strawberries on top and you’re done.