I first heard about this cake at Nakamura Academy. I don’t like apples, so I can’t even put them in my mouth, but this one is really delicious. One day when I was spinning an apple pie, I had to introduce it to this recipe. The recipe is a little different, but I did it with a similar feeling. On a brisket that is sweet and crispy like a pie, It is a simple ingredient with almond and apple cream topped with apricot jam. Apricot jam plays an important role in enhancing the look and taste here. Unless you are a regular baker
Pat Breeze Sour Cake
12g egg yolk
1 pinch of salt
1. Put some soft flour on the workbench.
2. Place diced cold butter over the flour and use two small graters. Mince the butter until it’s about the size of a red bean or a grain of rice. Unlike Part Saber or Part Sucre, too smooth butter is not good. Since the butter acts as a texture, cut it into moderately fine granules.
3. Make a hole in the middle and add cold water, egg yolk and salt. Stir carefully to avoid spilling the liquid with the scraper.
4. When it is absorbed to some extent, mix it with a scraper as if crushing it, and squeeze them together into a lump.
5. When it’s almost uniform, cut it in half and press in layers 4-5 times to create texture.
6. After shaping into a round and flat shape, cover with cling film and refrigerate for about an hour. Since Patbreze dough shrinks very easily, you need to line enough paper towels in the middle so that the dough doesn’t shrink after baking.
7. Roll the hardened dough into a wide circle with a thickness of 3mm with a rolling pin.
8. Place the dough on the tart paper. After making tongs with a fork, etc., keep it in the fridge while it’s reheating.
Almond ice cream
Chicken eggs 80g
Powdered sugar 80g
Almond flour 80g
Tapioca flour 10g
1. Add powdered sugar to room temperature butter and beat on medium speed.
2. Once the powdered sugar is well mixed, add the room temperature eggs to 7 to 8 batches while whisking. It should be soft and smooth like cream without separating after adding all the eggs.
3. Sift almond flour and soft flour and mix well with a spoon.
4. Finally, add the rum and mix gently. I used Bacardi Gold Rum.
5. The original almond cream should be refrigerated for more than half a day, but if that’s not possible, let it rest for at least 30 minutes. You can bake it right away without tissue paper, but it will puff up a bit as it bakes.
6. Spread the almond cream evenly on the tart paper.
7. Thinly slice 1 apple and place on top of cake like a flower, sprinkle with sugar evenly on top. If you like the taste of cinnamon, mix some cinnamon powder with sugar and sprinkle on top.
8. Bake at 175 degrees for 50 to 55 minutes. With a normal oven, not a convection oven, it is about 10 degrees higher than the temperature I bake.
Apricot jam 40g,
1. Mix apricot jam with water and heat. You don’t even need to boil it.
2. While the cake is still warm, spread the apricot jam evenly over the surface with a brush.
3. After cooling, reapply.