I made a sponge cake with lots of custard cream. Here’s how to make chiffon cake using pound cake mold. You can make custard cream in the microwave. It might burn if you make it in the pot, but it’s very easy even for a beginner in the microwave.
Chiffon cake 18cm x 8cm x 8cm
3 egg yolks
30 g vegetable oil
3 egg whites
1 tablespoon cornstarch 10 g
130℃ 50 minutes 170℃ 10 minutes
3 egg yolks
70g fresh cream or milk
15 g unsalted butter
1. After mixing egg yolk, vegetable oil and milk, add flour. Make meringues with egg whites and sugar, then add cornstarch. Mix well until the dough is smooth.
2. Line the bottom of the pan with baking paper and place the dough on top. Bake for 50 minutes in the preheated oven at 130°C and 10 minutes at 170°C. Turn mold to the side to cool.
Soursop ice cream
1. Mix egg yolks, sugar and flour. After adding milk and whipped cream, microwave for 1 minute. Repeat the heating and mixing process for 30 seconds.
2. Even if the cream has hardened, repeat the heating for another 30 seconds twice. If you heat it up thoroughly and the temperature of the cream rises, the dough cooks well.
3. Wrap it in cling film so it doesn’t dry out, add butter and vanilla, and freeze in the fridge or freezer.
1. Remove the chiffon from the mold. When the custard cream cools below 5°C, place it in a bowl and whisk. Place whipped cream in a piping bag and pour over the top of the cake.
2. If you have a regular nozzle, cut the cake with a knife and then add the cream. Be careful not to add too much cream as it may spoil.