This time a cake with white chocolate mousse flavored with almonds topped with cantaloupe jam. It is very sweet and the mellow aroma of almonds is very pleasant.
Whole eggs 120g
Powdered sugar 50g
Almond flour 80g
Tapioca flour 35g
Baking powder 2g
50g unsalted butter
1. Lubricate the mold with unsalted butter. Line the bottom of the pan with almonds and place in the fridge to harden. Sift flour and baking powder. Sift the powdered sugar and almond flour separately and mix well.
2. Mix half of the beaten eggs into the almond flour, powdered sugar and granulated sugar. Once combined, add all remaining ingredients and mix well with a mixer.
3. Add flour and baking powder and mix well. Add rum and mix until combined. #8. Add some flour to the melted butter and mix well so that all the flour is combined.
4. Preheat oven to 170°C and bake for 20 minutes. Cut the baked product into slices 16mm thick, brush the sides with syrup.
1. Boil water and granulated sugar in the microwave. Mix well to dissolve, cool and stir in Cointreau.
Lemon juice 50g
Cantaloupe with red flesh 250g
1. Boil lemon juice. Add sugar A and melon pulp to boil again, puree the pulp.
2.When boiling, add granulated sugar B and simmer over low heat, stirring constantly. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, and reduce to low heat. When the mixture thickens, turn off the heat, add Cointreau and mix well.
White Chocolate Mousse
Fresh cream 35% 100g
Roasted almonds 30g
3g gelatin sheet
White Chocolate 95g
Fresh cream 35% 120g
1. If using raw almonds, preheat oven to 160°C and bake for about 12 minutes, stirring every 4 minutes.
2. Roast the almonds, chop them, add to the cream and bring to a boil. Once boiled, leave the almonds in the cream overnight.
3. Soak the gelatine leaves in water. Re-boil the whipped cream with almonds, cool to 60°C, add gelatine and stir to dissolve. Strain cream into melted white chocolate.
4. Stir to emulsify. In a separate bowl, beat the cream into 7 parts and quickly mix into the chocolate mixture.,Pour the mixture into a piping bag and place in the molds, freeze.