The chocolate honey cake sheet I made this time is a bit thicker and more moist than the standard honey cake, Medovic’s plate, but it has a much better chocolate flavor in it. It’s moist, hard, and has a cheesey feel so it’s fun and most of all, it pairs well with sour cream. I made it simply without icing, but the decorations are stylish because of the many layers.
Mold size: 15cm
150 g unsalted butter
3g baking powder
3g vanilla extract
150g soft flour
25g cocoa powder
120g cold cream
15g powdered sugar
120g sour cream
50g fresh cream
Dark Coverture Chocolate 25g
25g fresh cream
1. Put the butter, honey and baking powder in a saucepan over low heat until the mixture is dark and thickened. If you boil it over high heat, it may overflow, so keep stirring over low heat and bring to a boil.
2. Add sugar, salt and vanilla extract to eggs and beat on high speed to create thick foam.
3. Add the honey mixture and mix well, sift the flour and cocoa powder and mix well.
4. Pour 1/6 of the amount (about 125g) into a 15cm round mold, bake in the oven at 180 degrees C for 15 minutes, let cool. I baked 2 cakes for a total of 3 times to get 6 cakes.
5. Add powdered sugar to whipped cream and whip.
6. Add sour cream and honey and beat vigorously.
7. Place the cake molds on a cutting board, spread the cream and stack several times.
8. Finish the sides for a natural look and trim the top.
9. Harden overnight in the refrigerator.
10. Whip about 50% whipped cream, mix whipped cream with melted chocolate and whisk to form a thick cream.
11. Squeeze chocolate cream on top and sprinkle with cocoa powder.